Sonderjourneys

Sonderbooks

Sonderquotes

Sonderblessings

God Heals Hurting Marriages

Squeetus

Saints and Spinners

Brotherhood 2.0

Book Buds Kidlit Reviews

A Chair, A Fireplace & A Tea Cozy

NeverEndingSearch

Unshelved

xkcd

Thursday, November 24, 2005

The top of the towers of Notre Dame

Vicki, Kristin and I took the steps to the top of the towers. (Whew!) There's a stop in a gift shop partway up. (Of course I had to buy postcards and souvenir playing cards. My friends and I were thrilled when one of the pictures on the playing cards was of the Abbaye de Royaumont, where our conference was to be.)

My son has a statue of one of the gargoyles of Notre Dame. One April in Paris, our family waited an hour to go up the towers, ended up getting drenched in a downpour and then gave up. So it was nice to get up there with a shorter wait and discover where you could see all the gargoyles. Of course the view was glorious!

I used my cell phone to call my son Timothy from the top of Notre Dame. As we finished talking, the bells started ringing!

No comments: