Sonderjourneys

Sonderbooks

Sonderquotes

Sonderblessings

God Heals Hurting Marriages

Squeetus

Saints and Spinners

Brotherhood 2.0

Book Buds Kidlit Reviews

A Chair, A Fireplace & A Tea Cozy

NeverEndingSearch

Unshelved

xkcd

Sunday, November 28, 2004

First Snow of the Season

November 9, 2004--We had our first snow of the winter. Only a fourth of an inch was forecast, but we got three inches! The fun part was that the boys didn't have school. The first quarter had ended, so it was the day for teacher conferences.

I wasn't mentally prepared to drive in snow yet, but I love to walk in snow. So I had the bright idea to walk to Timothy's teacher's conference at 9:30. Unfortunately, I only allowed enough time to walk to the library, which is only half as far away as the Middle School, on the other end of the base. I ended up walking as fast as I could for 45 minutes, through the snow, uphill. I also dressed too warmly. It was barely below freezing, and working so hard I warmed up quickly.

So when I finally made it to the conference, I got into the warm classroom and got warmer and warmer, my face turning redder and redder. Oh well!

The walk back was much nicer. I stopped at a friend's house on base, then took a leisurely stroll home. In that direction, it's downhill. The German gate guards had made a snowman who was saluting the cars, complete with a military hat. It was great packing.

When I got home, I was completely exhausted. All the same, I made the boys quit watching TV and get outside. I told them to first build a snowman together, and then they could have a snowball fight. I got some fun action shots of them, which are posted below.

The snow melted away within a couple of days, and we haven't had any more. All the same, it was a fun start to the winter season!

No comments: